Sabado, Enero 19, 2013

Revenge of Black Mermaid/ Merman caught by fish hook at mystical creek.

It was noon so I settled under the shade of Bangkal tree while I was fishing with hook and line. I knew that under the roots of the tree, there was a cave where an underground spring  flow. Some old men told me that the source of the spring is the nearby hill and it bored a hole  under the ground and surfaced at the creek.

That was the reason why the creek never ran out  of water even in summer.

Suddenly my fishing rod jerked and something snapped the  line. But the line was sturdy. Fearing that it will broke the rod I tied the nylon cord on the tree. The line tightened and the tree swayed as the line was dragged underwater.

Later there's a big splash on the surface and I saw a large tail like that of a  catfish, black and shiny. It is as big as the tire of a truck. I saw it trashing wildly above the water before the nylon cord snapped.

Minutes later, a wind whipped me hard. I was  amazed for the leaves of the trees never move and only affect me. Later my body developed rashes and patches of swollen flesh appeared all over it. My face also bloated and reddened and I was short of breath.

I immediately went home and my friend fetched the shaman-healer,  which is my cousin residing on the nearby village, in order to cure me.

She told me that I had caught a black mermaid and the creature punished me. I said it was true because I had seen its tail.

From the oral account of Noel Villanueva of Ibajay, Aklan.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento