Lunes, Hunyo 17, 2013

How to capture aswang, tiktik, kikik, wakwak malakat,and other midnight demonic creatures in Filipino culture

Fom the oral account of Lando Tagala of Cubay, Maloco, Aklan.

I had nearly captured the aswang creature but it  escaped before daylight.

I am a coconut wine gatherer, called mananggiti. One night I set trap against flying lemurs that drank my tuba wine atop the tree. these creature love t o sip the juice of the coconut wine in the bamboo tube attached to the unopened coconut flower.

Atop the coconut tree I set a nylon netting trap with a snapping loop that tightened when moved.

One night I saw  a shadow of flapping creature atop the tree, amid the clear light of night sky. I know I had caught the lemur so I climbed it.

To my amazement, what the trap caught is an aswang hubot -- the flying aswang detached from its lower body.

the net caught its bat-like wings and entangle with it. It cannot fly because the rope of the net was tied at the tree.

As I climbed to the crown of the coconut clambering on its branches, the aswang assaulted me by flapping its hands and wings on my body, trying to forced me to fall.

I drew my bolo and slashed it wings. I whack also its body and suddenly the blade hit the rope and snapped it making the aswang to fall downward. I heard a loud thud as it hit the ground. I immediately went down but on the ground it vanished from my sight.

Now I know how to capture this kind of creature and its allied demonic counterparts.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento