Huwebes, Disyembre 1, 2011

The Stingray's Tail against Aswang and how it will defeat and kill its power.

I have a fisherman friend who gave me a dried  tail of a stingray.  It was long more than a meter in length  and covered all over with tiny spines protruding only few centimeters from the skin. It was stiff yet pliable.

He told me that  the tail can be used as whip to harm supernatural elements that can't be easily harmed by human-made weapons.

I had proven it one time. It was a clear night with full moon on its fullest. I was walking home, when I encountered a shape-shifting  aswang that victimized local residents most of the time.
The creature was following me for I heard its hunt-dog  creature  called wakwak circling around me. Then I heard the bloated sound of the aswang  making a tiktik sound for I knew it  was patting its bloated neck out of great craving for human flesh.
I stopped, squatted on the ground and roamed my eyes around. I pulled out my bladed weapon and the tail of the stingray. I uncoiled it in one swift hack.

Then  I saw the shadow of the aswang  rushing toward me.
Before the shadow came nearer to me I whipped it hard with the  stingray's  tail. I knew that the tail had hit it hard and split its skin for the tail was wet with blood.

The attacking tandem retreated with raucous cry.
After that incident I was never attacked anymore by these creature.

From the oral account of  Melvin Rotoni of Sibuyan Island, Philippines

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento