Huwebes, Setyembre 19, 2013

The mystery of Phoenix catching fire in flight and darkness where its radiant light cause insanity

From the oral account of Juan Salinel of Lanas Hambil, San Jose Island, Romblon.

My friend Eduardo is always awake every night especially during rainy season were planting of rice begins.
He used to pasture the water buffaloes  of his master during nighttime so that on daytime the animals will work in the fields with full stomach.

One night while we were together in the hills to pasture our animals, we saw a low-flying birds glowing in the dark. We immediately seek cover for we knew that its bueacao bird we are seeing. The flock passed above our heads without seeing us. We look at the flaming birds until it landed near the creek.

My friend wanted to catch the bird because it is a source of powerful talisman. He prepared his weapon that can penetrate the flame of the bird. It is an arrow with a  black coral tip spear on it. The coral is the antidote elements to the fire.

We had came nearer to the lagoon where the bird inhabit. My friend came nearer the place but I choose to stay behind hiding under the rock for safety reason.

Then suddenly one of the bird saw my friend. It fly in great flame toward my friend trying to attack him by burning but before the Phoenix bird can reach him, my friend shot his arrow and hit it.

The Phoenix  was hit hard and caught by his own fire and exploded in mid-air. One shot of flame hit the hair of my friend. He ran toward my position. Together we run as the flaming bird flew away from the lagoon.

At early morning, we search the remains of Phoenix and we saw burnt bones of the bird. I kept to myself the burn skeleton of wings and my friend kept with him all the remains.

Days later my friend got sick and became insane.
The shaman told him that his brain was cooked by the radiant  flame of the bird and he has no cure on it.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento