Linggo, Setyembre 1, 2013

The Pioneer American Teacher's Colony, a novel and a Palanca Award entry 2013. A story about American pioneer teacher in Ibajay, Aklan against the backdrop of supernatural occurrence.

From the author's experience.

After I had finished my novel a 343-page manuscript about an American teacher in Ibajay assigned in 1902, I wanted it to be entered into the contest.

I lived in the farm and in order to finance the endeavor needed in printing of the manuscript that cost 5 pesos per page, and photocopy of 3 copies of each page plus the delivery service, I found it too costly for me to send my entry. Anyway I had sent it and it was painful for me to lost my two young goats to nothing. I lost the contest. as well as the female goats that I sold to finance it. It should have kids by now if I didn't dream of winning.

I wondered how it lost. Maybe out of technicalities or unconvincing story line that didn't even illicit a comment from a judge. Anyway, the novel was already written and maybe it will took more years to see it in print or maybe garnering awards, who knows.

I just give myself a solace by reminding myself that today's greatest painter had not sold any of his great work on his lifetime.

The story revolves around the American teacher who traced  that his bloodline came from a native tribe who descended from supernatural race.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento