Lunes, Oktubre 10, 2011

How to Raise Dead chick to Life

From the oral account of Pedro Mandin of Boracay Island Philippines

I have a friend named Kalipay who belongs to Ati tribe, the original settler of the island. He is black with kinky hair. I was told that their ancestors once ruled the island and it should have been their ancestral domain up to this time if not for the greed of the invaders who staked their claims in various beachfront of the island.
He said the tribe retreated to the hills but later invaders claimed all the land even the hills, so  the tribe became a wandering inhabitants of the island. Most of them settled near the dump site.

One time as I visited my friend's hut at the dump site, I saw him feeding chicken. In his palm lies a dead chick.
He said it died before I arrive. the chick was not moving and lay flat on its side.

"What will you do with it?" I asked him

He didn't answer but instead he took a coconut shell that was cut in half. He laid the chick in the ground and cover  it with  the bowl-shape shell.

"I'm going to raise it from the dead," he said as he started to tap the shell with a pebble.

Later he tapped it harder using a fist-size stone. Few minutes later he removed the cover and I saw the chick standing and chirping loud.

"It was dead awhile ago? How did you do it?" I inquired.

"The sound of the tap revived the beating of its heart and the vibration inside the shell restore its life," my friend simply explained.

"That was so simple, my friend yet  very effective," I said in amazement.

"Yes, my friend. Our tribe used this technique in reviving the senses of a dying person," he added

I simply nodded. I already heard the story of his grandfather who is  a living dead up to now; bed ridden on the other  hut beside his. The old man had already died many times yet they always revived him.
 Poor fellow. Maybe time will come that they will not revive the dying  man anymore so that he can rest in peace, I told myself.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento