Lunes, Abril 2, 2012

Catching Fire of my Revenge, I shot the Eagle

"I will not stop until I killed the eagle that snatched my little baby," declared Manuel, the husband of Malik.
Their baby was swooped at the outdoor bed by a monkey-eating eagle that inhabit the forest of Mt. Apo in Davao, Philippines.

Day and night I searched the vast forest of the mountain looking for telltale signs where the eagle had lived.
Finally, one day I had found the tallest tree deep inside the forest. It was a straight tree with no branches except at its crown. I had spotted a large nest built with branches and vines. I knew that was an eagle's nest.

The predator was not there but I heard the chirping of the eaglets.
Armed with borrowed revolver and long bolo, I climbed the tree. I was shocked after I had reached the nest. Bones  and skulls of monkeys scattered around. The two hen-sized eaglets started to picked my hands. Then I saw the tattered cloth of my baby tucked among the debris. Out of hatred I chopped the heads of the eaglets.

I waited until their mother arrived at the nest. Later I saw it flying from afar. I hid among the branches and prepared the gun.

The moment it landed at the nest I shot the eagle on its body. I pumped all the bullets before it dived toward the ground.

I knew it can't survived from the fatal shots I made.

From the oral account of my neighbor in Manila named Manuel.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento