Lunes, Pebrero 27, 2012

Fish Corral caught Octopus-Manta Hybrid

My  fish corral which is made of bamboo poles and enclosed by bamboo grills sited at a shallow sea had caught a mysterious sea creature. This creature has the body of a manta ray but under its belly protrude the tentacles of octopus.

Fish corrals are traps designed to catch migrating fish like tuna and other species. It was constructed out of bamboo poles. The poles are stuck at the bottom and enclosed by bamboo grills. Bamboo grills are tied together  by rattan or other vines. Mostly its design were of circular shape with V-shape opening extending many meters away from the body.The fish will follow the shape of the opening that lead them to enter the labyrinth. Once they were inside the labyrinth they couldn't go out and so they  were caught.

The octopus-manta was believed to be a pet of supernatural tamawo who dwell in the sea, so I never harmed this creature. Upon finding this creature inside the corral I immediately open the gate of the corral to let it escape to the sea. Within that day my corral caught a school of large tuna.  It occurred many times thereby giving me a steady source of income. I'm wondering if the tamawo had helped my corral to capture these tuna. With the income coming from the corral, I bought a large fishing boat.

From oral account of Dong of Frabellea Fishing Corp., Cebu Island

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento