Martes, Nobyembre 22, 2011

Cannibal Monkeys eat their kids inside the trap.

My ripening cornfield as well as the pineapple fruits were always raided by marauding monkeys coming from the nearby forest at the edge of my farm. I decided to put a sturdy bamboo cage trap in it baited with sweet smelling jackfruit and bananas. Once the monkeys move the bait, the door will slid down and will locked.

After three days I visited my farm and there was a bunch of agitated monkeys trapped and   clinging  inside the cage.
On the ground two carcass of small monkeys lay on the ground. Their skulls was open in half and emptied with its brains. Its bodies,  only the skin and bones remain.

I knew the  bigger ones consumed their fragile kids out of hunger inside the cage.
I immediately gathered dried branches, threw around the cage and burned them alive.

From the oral account of Carlo Cibias of Southern Luzon, Philippines

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento