Lunes, Nobyembre 14, 2011

How to catch Vampire Frog and story of trapped blood sucking frog by a farmer.

From the oral account of Mateo Caton of Mountain Province, Philippines.

"Beware of blood sucking vampire frog roaming the rice field". This is the words of my mother had told me every time I went home late in the night. I don't believed on this tale until I caught one.

How I caught it was just accidental.

The trapped that was intended for rats in my rice field caught a carnivorous vampire frog with pangs.
I baited my square steel trap with chicken skin to lure rats that pestered the rice plants of my paddies but what I caught was this this strange creature.

It was smaller that an ordinary bullfrog. Its color was a combination of black and brown in its body with a green and burn red color patch on its back.

Our village head brought it to the DENR office and they concluded that it was a rare kind of frog but not a blood-sucking vampire frog as portrayed by our local beliefs.



.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento